Thursday, December 3, 2009

I Continue to be Thankful

In my last posting I talked about being thankful and writing that article made me more aware of all the “small” things I may overlook as I busily go about my daily activities.

As I prepare to leave Sarasota, FL to return to VA for the holidays, I am trying to spend as much time as I can enjoying the weather, playing golf and spending time with friends before leaving. I am also getting in some work – finalizing plans for my book tour, compiling my database and trying to keep up with my social media. I am thankful to have those choices.

Over the weekend I spent some quality time with Cathy Hughes, founder of Radio One, and her sister Jackie Woods over coffee at Starbucks. Cathy wrote the foreword for my book and we discussed plans for promotion after the book is released in January. I got in a few rounds of golf with my husband (yes, we enjoy playing together), my cousin who lives in St. Petersburg, FL about 30 miles away, a friend from DC who is moving to FL and the ladies league at the club where I belong. I still have a couple of lunches with friends but not sure I can squeeze in any more golf.

No comments:

Post a Comment