Sunday, July 26, 2009

A Fun Weekend

I attended an interesting but unusual affair on Sat. My sister-in-law invited me to her women's club Garden Tea. It was held in the beautifully-landscaped back yard of her home. Tents were set up to shield against the sun, tables were beautifully decorated, each with different color linen and floral arrangements- yellow, lavender, green & pink. We were served 3 courses including such things as scones, tea sandwiches, mini desserts and more.

The interesting part was the required dress. Everyone had to wear sundresses (or other summer dress), hats and gloves. The dress not a problem, but I can't remember the last time I wore gloves. Matter of fact I did not own a pair. I do own one summer hat which I had not worn until a month ago when I attended another affair that required a hat. I must say, in this age of casual attire, it felt good to dress up for the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment