Thursday, September 17, 2009

Trying Something Different

It is so hard to get out of one's comfort zone. At the suggestion and insistence of a friend, I had a "Gold Party". What's a gold party? Friends are invited to your home where a dealer pays cash for unwanted or unused gold. My friends came with single earrings, mangled bracelets and necklaces and other gold pieces they no longer wanted or found useful. I served wine and cheese. The women came and went at will and from 3-6 PM we laughed, talked, drank wine and compared notes on our discovered treasures. It was great fun. I must admit, however, I was very reluctant to host the party but am glad I did.

3 comments:

  1. I would strongly suggest checking out the Silver and Gold Exchange before selling gold or silver to ANYONE. I did a great deal of research, online and offline, and learned a lot about this business. I checked pawn shops, jewelers, "gold parties", hotel "buying events as well as the online buyers, including the "as seen on tv" guys. I found that the Silver and Gold Exchange paid more than anyone else I could find. I liked the fact that they post the prices they pay per gram (beware of the places that quote in pennyweight/DWT) on a live price chart at http://www.SilverAndGoldExchange.com I also checked out their Better Business Bureau report and found they have never had a single complaint as opposed to HUNDREDS of complaints some other companies have! I recommend them 100%

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the feedback. I'll check them out. The "gold Party" for still a fun event for about 20 people.

    ReplyDelete