Wednesday, August 19, 2009

New York Trip

There is no place hotter than NY with temps in the upper 90's. Nevertheless I had a great weekend with my daughters and grands. Taking my 3-year-old granddaughter to the movies and to tap dance class was a real treat. My oldest daughter did her first performance of her new dance company, Roots In Revolution http://www.rootsandrevolution.com/ at a dance studio in Manhattan. It was a great experience for her and 4 other relatively new companies. She did not dance but choreographed a selection she developed that was performed by 3 of her dancers. After the performance, the audience, most of whom were with dance companies or involved with dancing, were able to ask question and give feed back to all the choreographers. Even I learned a lot about dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment